The West Angeles Counseling Center was established more than twenty years ago as a ministry of the West Angeles C.O.G.I.C., under the pastorage of Bishop Charles E. Blake Sr. Today, the Counseling Center recognizes the trichotomy of man and offers a treatment plan to its counselees, which considers the aspects of spirit, soul, and body.
The mission of the Counseling Center is to be innovative in its purpose, and its purpose is to help “heal the hurting”. We don’t wish to merely counsel, but rather to empower the client to make rational and healthy life choices for a more abundant life. Empowerment comes through spiritual and relational education, cognitive redirection, coping skills, and emotional management that enable clients to work through the contradictions between wholeness and dysfunctional behavior. Most importantly, empowerment through the grace of God changes destinies.
West Angeles Counseling Center is committed to…
- addressing the emotional and mental well-being of individuals, couples and families;
- maintaining effective clinical practices, within a framework of legal and ethical standards;
- serving YOU (regardless of membership status) in a more EXCELLENCE way!
- Formal “integrated” model of therapy
- Fully credentialed/licensed and insured staff
- Formal “collaboration” with other community providers
- HIPPA Compliant (with electronic records and referral database)
- Certified as a National Academic Training Site
West Angeles Counseling Center utilizes an integrated treatment model that combines traditional psychological approaches, systems theory and spiritual interventions. Because of a strong philosophical belief that the family is the cornerstone of successful treatment, family therapy and involvement are essential to our wholistic approach.
Counseling Center Hours of Operation (counseling sessions are by appointments only):
• Monday/Tuesday/Thursday (10:00AM – 9:00PM)
• Wednesday/Friday (9:00AM – 5:00PM)
• Saturday (9:00AM – 12:00PM)
• For counseling appointments and other business, call (323) 737-7463
• After Hours Call: (___) church after hours number
• For emergencies, call: 911
• Mailing Address – 3017 Crenshaw Blvd Los Angeles, California 90016